When to Call the Doctor

When you are pregnant you should not hesitate to call your doctor or midwife if something is bothering or worrying you. Sometimes physical changes can be signs of a problem.

Call your doctor or midwife immediately if you:

  • are bleeding or leaking fluid from the vagina
  • have sudden or severe swelling in the face, hands, or fingers
  • get severe or long-lasting headaches
  • have discomfort, pain or cramping in the abdomen
  • have a fever or chills
  • are vomiting or have persistent nausea
  • feel discomfort, pain or burning with urination
  • have problems seeing or blurred vision
  • feel dizzy
  • sense a change in your baby’s movement

suspect your baby is moving less than normally after 28 weeks of pregnancy ( if you count less than 10 movements in 2 hours or less)